You might ask yourself the following urgent questions to ensure employee training supports and not hampers Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategies and objectives:
- Do I consider Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) in all my employee training programmes, or only in separate programmes?
- Do I understand how sex/gender, and other social categories, impact training equity before, during and after training?
- Do I consider DE&I when planning and budgeting my training programmes: who is invited, whose needs are reflected, and who benefits most from the programmes offered?
- Do I consider DE&I when evaluating my training programmes?
- Do my trainers understand DE&I? Are they empowered and enabled to ensure DE&I in their training design and facilitation?
These questions are probably not easy to answer. Ingeborg can help. Ingeborg can assess your programmes and recommend ways in which the programmes can be equitable and inclusive. Please feel free to plan a call to further discuss